The results for the Trudy Graham-Julie Lewis Literary Award for Prose Competition are now available. Dr Annabel Smith, the competition judge, read her judges report at the award ceremony on Saturday 15th of September and presented the award certificates. Thank you everyone who entered the competition, and keep writing your stories – we love reading them.
Left to right, Keith Melrose (Centre President), Leslie Thiele (First Place), Gita Bolton (Highly Commended and Commended), Dr Annabel Smith (Competition Judge), and Karen Taylor (Novice Award).
Award day with attending finalists and guests.
First Place winner Leslie Thiele and Competition Judge Dr Annabel Smith.
Please click here for the Judges Report
- First Place was awarded to Leslie Thiele for 2/4 Time.
- Second Place was awarded to Christine Johnson for Harmony.
- Third Place was awarded to Helen Lyne for Conversations, Commotion & Silence.
- The Novice Award was awarded to Karen Taylor for Dust.
- The Judge’s Encouragement Award for Youth went to Kodi Sawtell for Time.
Four Highly Commended Certificates went to:
- Gita Bolton for Cat.
- Maureene Fries for Gone.
- Colleen Russel for Little Girl Lost.
- Beverly Lello for A Small Affair.
Four Commended Certificates went to:
- Gita Bolton for Hunter & Hunted.
- Sasha Pcino for The Boy in the Blue Overalls.
- Sasha Pcino for A Change in Season.
- Helen Kerr for The Change Quilt.