The results for the Peter Cowan 600 Short Story Competition are now available. This years judge, Nathan Hobby, gave feedback from his judges report on the Awards Day, before announcing the winners and listening to the finalists’ read their work. There were 300 entries in this years competition so thank you to everyone who entered, and keep writing.
Please click here for the Judges Report
Please click here for the Longlist
Longlisted stories impressed the judge and were close to winning one of the awards. To be longlisted in such a large competition is an achievement.
- First Place was awarded to Martin Lindsay for Grounded.
- Second Place was awarded to Arna Radovich for Diana.
- Third Place was awarded to Suzi Mezei for Incubation.
- The Novice Award was awarded to Sal De Freitas for Hurt.
- The Judges Encouragement for Youth Award was awarded to Jessie Speers for The Old Car.
Four Highly Commended Certificates went to:
- Kathy Shortland-Jones for The Eggplant Incident.
- Rebecca Douglas for The Gully.
- Rebecca Douglas for Chaz.
- Kit Scriven for How She Keeps the Words In.
Four Commended Certificates went to:
- Lottie Berinson for The Stranger that We Know and Fear.
- Danae Sweetapple for Go On.
- Nirvana Dawson for Both Anna.
- Richard Regan for Fire.