The results for the Peter Cowan 600 Word Short Story Competition are now available. The judge, Dr Josephine Taylor, gave her generous report on the Awards Day, before awarding the writers and hearing the finalists’ work. Thank you to all who entered their stories and, keep writing.
Left to right, Alex Gerbaz (Novice Award), Dr Josephine Taylor (Competition Judge), and Rebecca Handler (Commended).
Alex Gerbaz (Novice Award) reading his short story, The Safety House.
Dr Josephine Taylor (Competition Judge) delivering her Judges Report.
Please click here for the Judges Report
- First Place was awarded to Karen Whitelaw for Heat.
- Second Place was awarded to Kate Rees for How A Man Goes Missing.
- Third Place was awarded to Mary Pomfret for A Winter Lease.
- The Novice Award was awarded to Alex Gerbaz for The Safety House.
- The Judges Encouragement for Youth Award was awarded to William Yap for A Long Night.
Four Highly Commended Certificates went to:
- Jim Brigginshaw for Hell’s Belles.
- Lisa Kenway for D-Day.
- Kerrin O’Sullivan for Closer. Further.
- Ted Witham for Lies in the Fowl-Yard.
Four Commended Certificates went to:
- Rebecca Handler for Fatal Bear Attack in Wyoming.
- Julie U’Ren for Nothing Left.
- Philip Keenan for When the Railway Came to Clyne.
- Matthew George for Feel.