The results for the 2018 Patron’s Prize for Poets Competition are now available. The competition judge, Dr. Lucy Dougan, gave her judges report on Awards Day on Saturday 21st of June announcing the winners and finalists who then read their work. Thank you everyone who entered the competition, keep writing your poetry.
Left to right, David Luckett (Highly Commended), Ella Girdler (Encouragement for Youth Award), Madeleine Tingey (Commended), Shey Marque (Commended), Dr. Lucy Dougan (Competition Judge), Fran Graham (Second Place), and Ross Jackson (Highly Commended).
Keith Melrose (Centre President) and Dr. Lucy Dougan (Competition Judge).
Awards Day with the attending finalists, Dr. Lucy Dougan (Competition Judge) and Keith Melrose (Centre President).
Please click here for the Judges Report
- First Place was awarded to Edward Reilly for In my boyhood city.
- Second Place was awarded to Fran Graham for Anticipating Mothers’ Day.
- Third Place was awarded to Maurice Corlett for Baker Street.
- The Novice Award was awarded to Erica De Jong for Another time, maybe.
- The Judges Encouragement for Youth Award was awarded to Ella Girdler for The Colonial Almanac.
Four Highly Commended Certificates went to:
- David Luckett for The Footsteps at Laetoli.
- Erica De Jong for Siren in Gold Pants.
- Ross Jackson for Perth Free Transit Zone.
- Edward Reilly for So it goes.
Four Commended Certificates went to:
- Maurice Corlett for Overnight in Bright.
- Tee Linden for Popping the heads off lavender.
- Madeleine Tingey for Consolations.
- Shey Marque for Last words.